A while back I saw a girl on the tube with an amazing outfit using traditional African print fabric, I was sad I wasn’t as cool as her, so I got home and started hunting for some wax print fabric. I am not very good, right now, at knowing the different types of fabric, but I bought three different styles and just went with the “I’ll see how it goes when I do it”.
I chose to use the same pattern I’ve used before the Misses’ Dress and a new slightly more challenging pattern, the Leanne Marshall Skirt.
(Sorry dress pics are from the iPhone)
I think that, generally, it came out really well. I created my own neckline because I felt the pattern was quite busy to have no boob area. I added in some black inner pockets, which is a nice contrast to the dress. And whilst out drinking some cocktails the other night, I had a compliment from a girl saying she loved the design, MASSIVE confidence boost!
And finally the skirt, which I think came out really well, but I’m not sure that the style suits my body type, but hey, I made it so I am sure as hell am going to wear it!
And finally, a while back I made a dress with some super cute mushroom fabric, but it was a bit of a disaster. The fabric is really soft, almost silky, so really unmanageable and I bought the wrong style of interfacing to help stiffen it. So it’s really flow-y which is lovely but one teeny gust of wind and it’s HELLO KNICKERS! So I need to make some adjustments. But I paired it with my retro underskirt and a giant red belt.